Introduce yourself

Anything apart from the two mainstream default harmonicas (Solo-tuned fully-valved chromatic, and un-valved Richter 10-hole diatonic). Alternate tunings, different construction, new functionality, interesting old designs, wishful-thinking... whatever!

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by IaNerd » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:39 pm

I would like to share some thoughts:

1. I love this forum and, like others, am indebted to Brendan's vision and generosity in creating and maintaining it.

2. I've now posted over 180 times. Most of those posts regard alternate tunings.

3. With my science education career cut short by a progressive genetic disorder, and with two college-age offspring, I lack the financial ability to create--or have created--most of my ideas about tunings.

4. I have never been so good of a player/performer that I could effectively demonstrate the qualities of any tuning.

5. I have been reaching out to some truly accomplished players, to see if they might be interested in trying (on my nickel) some of my ideas. There may be some news to share about this in coming months.

6. My sense of what I have offered so far is, that it is like a pile of gravel--with (I hope) a few gems in the mix. I can't claim to know which is which; I leave that to the collective wisdom and experience of the harmonica community, present and future.

7. I deeply appreciate those kind and encouraging words that some folks have offered.

8. I salute the creative energy of people who teach, make and advance music.