"Blues Mullet" tuning for 10-hole harp

Anything apart from the two mainstream default harmonicas (Solo-tuned fully-valved chromatic, and un-valved Richter 10-hole diatonic). Alternate tunings, different construction, new functionality, interesting old designs, wishful-thinking... whatever!
IaNerd

"Blues Mullet" tuning for 10-hole harp

Post by IaNerd » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:31 pm

NAME: “Blues Mullet" tuning for 10-hole harp

BASIC CONCEPT:
This tuning is a fusion of two of my earlier tunings. The first six chambers are exactly my "Scale and Skinny/Fat Chords” Blues Buddy tuning for Big Six. (See the Topic of that name.) The final four chambers are from my "Big Six Blues Solo Buddy" or "Drei Blaue Tonleiteren". (See the Topic of that name.)

This tuning features:

1. A partial or "skinny" I chord (actually a dyad) in the 1-2 draw.
2. A partial or "skinny" VII chord (actually a dyad) in the 1-2 blow.
3. IV and V chords that can each be played in four different ways:
3a. As a "skinny" dyad (e.g. C-E for Cmaj).
3b. As a full triad (e.g. C-E-G for Cmaj).
3c. As a "skinny" b7 chord (e.g. Bb-C-E for C7).
3d. As a full triad with b7 chord (e.g. Bb-C-E-G).
4. Every draw note has a simple semitone draw bend.
5. All three of the minor hexatonic blues scales of the I, IV and V chords are playable without overblows or difficult draw bends.

One cool way to play this tuning would be like this:

>> Chug-chug-chug between I and VII dyads, with occasional bends of those first two channels.
>> When the jam moves to the IV chord, play around with the Cmaj dyad, triad, and b7th chords with and without the fifth.
>> When the jam moves to the V chord, play around with the Dmaj dyad, triad, and b7th chords with and without the fifth.
>> When the jam resolves to the I chord, go back to the first two channels.
>> The I, IV and V (i.e. G, C and D) blues scales are all complete, bendy and easily playable for the most complex of solos.

WHEN/HOW: November of 2017. I have one and am trying it out.

LAYOUT/DETAILS:

Attachments
2017-11-19 (2).png
2017-11-19 (2).png (63.36 KiB) Viewed 4630 times
Last edited by IaNerd on Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IaNerd

Re: "Blues Mullet" tuning for 10-hole harp

Post by IaNerd » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:44 pm

I suggest that you compare this tuning to the newest one in the Topic called "High Octane" blues tuning for 10-hole harp. The two tunings are very similar in their overall goals and capabilities, but they have very different structures. I ask for your thoughts on these two approaches.