“CoG DoC” Neck Rack Tuning for 10-hole harp

Anything apart from the two mainstream default harmonicas (Solo-tuned fully-valved chromatic, and un-valved Richter 10-hole diatonic). Alternate tunings, different construction, new functionality, interesting old designs, wishful-thinking... whatever!
IaNerd

“CoG DoC” Neck Rack Tuning for 10-hole harp

Post by IaNerd » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:02 pm

NAME: “CoG DoC” Neck Rack Tuning for 10-hole harp

BASIC CONCEPT:
This tuning is designed especially for folks who play harp in a neck rack. There are three FAT chordal zones, one each for the I, IV and V chords--and also their b7ths! As far as chord-chugging goes, this tuning should be very forgiving of imprecise playing technique. The red brackets show where one draw note of the minor hexatonic blues scale can be bent down to the next lower blues scale note.

WHEN/HOW: February of 2018. I have not yet had one made.

LAYOUT/DETAILS:

Attachments
2018-02-02 (4).png
2018-02-02 (4).png (57.99 KiB) Viewed 4979 times

IaNerd

Re: “CoG DoC” Neck Rack Tuning for 10-hole harp

Post by IaNerd » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:31 pm

The 5 and 6 draw notes are shared between two chords: as roots for one chord and as perfect fifths for the other chord. Therefore, they can be tuned to ET and will sound good for both chords.

None of the major third notes are shared; they can be tuned to ET -14 cents.

None of the septimal minor seventh notes are shared; they can be tuned to ET - 31 cents.

[I am not an expert tuner. Use these ideas at your own risk. If you are an expert, please feel free to comment.]