Natural Minor Lucky 13's and New Case?

Anything apart from the two mainstream default harmonicas (Solo-tuned fully-valved chromatic, and un-valved Richter 10-hole diatonic). Alternate tunings, different construction, new functionality, interesting old designs, wishful-thinking... whatever!
bmarsolais

Natural Minor Lucky 13's and New Case?

Post by bmarsolais » Fri May 11, 2018 1:02 am

Hey Brendan,

Any thoughts about adding a some natural minor models to the Lucky 13 line up? I purchased a second Eb and retuned it to a Ebm. But it would sure be easier to just buy it! Maybe start out with Cm,Gm,Am,Dm,Em,Fm,Bbm (second position)?

Also, I now have 12 Lucky 13's and can't fit another one in your case. I thought about buying a second Luck13 case that holds 12, and take my two cases to a local tailor and ask him to combine them. But then again, I'd rather buy that also!

Does anyone else want a case to carry more than 12 Lucky 13's? Is it bad luck to own 13 Lucky 13's? (sorry!)

Bob

triona

Re: Natural Minor Lucky 13's and New Case?

Post by triona » Fri May 11, 2018 8:04 am

bmarsolais wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:02 am
Is it bad luck to own 13 Lucky 13's? (sorry!)

Bob
I don't think so. And as it looks, it certainly will not remain like this. ;)

To make them in minor keys as well could not be that difficult for the manufacturer's logistics. And above all, you might as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb. Why not all 12 minor keys, harmonic and natural? For a beginning it could be tested with the most common ones for a try, if there is sufficient need.

dear greetings
triona
Aw, Thou beloved, do hearken to the Banshee's lonely croon!
sinn féin - ça ira !
Cad é sin do'n té sin nach mbaineann sin dó

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1yI3H ... 9ktgzTR2qg

bmarsolais

Post by bmarsolais » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:37 pm

I can’t imagine natural minor Lucky 13’s wouldn’t sell through the roof... that extra low octave (how nice for blues!) and the only source of then in the world! ...and all the parts already are being manufactured!

...Doesn’t take a brain surgeon to see that market!

Brendan

Post by Brendan » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:20 am

Maybe in the future if Natural Minor becomes more popular. But it's such an easy tuning change from Richter, I'd recommend people doing it themselves for now.

r!Bo.

Post by r!Bo. » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:46 pm

I'm with You on this one The Lows in a Familiar Natural Minor tuning Would certainly appeal to me as well as Dorian tuning for Blues
then again I know these things take time and investment on Brendan and Easttop Funny I just posted the same Idea and checked in only to scroll down and find Your post I guess we must be patient or tune them ourselves,
Best wishes Happy Harpin'
r!Bo.

Brendan

Post by Brendan » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:35 pm

Retuning becomes very fast with practice and the right tools. You could do the change in under 5 minutes from full assembled to reassembled and ready to play if you learn the skills.