3d Printed comb ideas to improve responsiveness

Anything apart from the two mainstream default harmonicas (Solo-tuned fully-valved chromatic, and un-valved Richter 10-hole diatonic). Alternate tunings, different construction, new functionality, interesting old designs, wishful-thinking... whatever!
dominico

Re: 3d Printed comb ideas to improve responsiveness

Post by dominico » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:45 am

triona wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:46 pm
How many reeds did you place in each semi-hole?
It is a simple diatonic Seydel 1847, just with a divider through the middle of the comb so you can change your embouchure to isolate just one reed if you wish.

Why would you do this? More bending possibilities. When you isolate one reed it enables single reed bends and overbends, which I believe you refer to as "non interactive bends". And you can still get your normal diatonic dual reed bends (interactive bends?) without any changes to your normal embouchure. At least that is the goal I am going for after another iteration or two on this comb idea.
triona wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:46 pm
Tell me, what you are especially interested in:
- Octave harmonicas system Knittlinger and Viennese which look very much like your comb.
- various slide techniques as 1 slide, 2 slides and none slides in comparison.
But I do not want to translate loads of text in which you maybe might not be interested in or what you already know.
I guess I would be most curious about how a dual slide system works: how many reeds it is controlling, how they keep it airtight. Is it mainly to enable various chord intervals?

Tonight I printed another version of the "Winslow Comb" with a larger draw reed chamber, I still have to sand it. Hopefully it will play with a more natural embouchure.
I have a few more ideas to try on this comb as well, but I have three or four other project ideas in the works as well, but I need to remember to keep a reasonable amount of my time alotment to actually playing harmonica as well :-)

triona

Re: 3d Printed comb ideas to improve responsiveness

Post by triona » Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:20 pm

dominico wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:45 am
I have a few more ideas to try on this comb as well, but I have three or four other project ideas in the works as well, but I need to remember to keep a reasonable amount of my time alotment to actually playing harmonica as well :-)
Me too. So it might take a few day until I have sorted all the pictures and have written some comments to them.

dear greetings
triona
Aw, Thou beloved, do hearken to the Banshee's lonely croon!
sinn féin - ça ira !
Cad é sin do'n té sin nach mbaineann sin dó

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1yI3H ... 9ktgzTR2qg