What to do with a 16 hole brass comb eastop?

Anything apart from the two mainstream default harmonicas (Solo-tuned fully-valved chromatic, and un-valved Richter 10-hole diatonic). Alternate tunings, different construction, new functionality, interesting old designs, wishful-thinking... whatever!
Alan

What to do with a 16 hole brass comb eastop?

Post by Alan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:21 pm

I'm interested in trying out power chromatic and also wanted to check out the brass comb eastop, so I had in mind to get one and get a set of suzuki reed plates tuned to power chromatic.

I bought the eastop through brendan's site and it is as hefty and solid as advertised. I never really liked the side by side duplicate C of solo tuning, so know that I won't play a solo tuned chromatic much if at all.

Now that seydel has the power chromatic as the harmonica of the month, I'm thinking about just ordering that, but what to do with the eastop?

I have a bebop chromatic already, so aside from just trying to sell it, I'm interested in your suggestions of what I might try with this beast.

toddhall

Re: What to do with a 16 hole brass comb eastop?

Post by toddhall » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:49 am

Hm, that really interesting. But I really don't know what you should do with this staff 8-)
I like to play harmonica because it is very interesting instrument. I can bet that it is the best compact musical instrument ever