Natural Minor Lucky 13's and New Case?

Anything apart from the two mainstream default harmonicas (Solo-tuned fully-valved chromatic, and un-valved Richter 10-hole diatonic). Alternate tunings, different construction, new functionality, interesting old designs, wishful-thinking... whatever!
bmarsolais

Natural Minor Lucky 13's and New Case?

Post by bmarsolais » Fri May 11, 2018 1:02 am

Hey Brendan,

Any thoughts about adding a some natural minor models to the Lucky 13 line up? I purchased a second Eb and retuned it to a Ebm. But it would sure be easier to just buy it! Maybe start out with Cm,Gm,Am,Dm,Em,Fm,Bbm (second position)?

Also, I now have 12 Lucky 13's and can't fit another one in your case. I thought about buying a second Luck13 case that holds 12, and take my two cases to a local tailor and ask him to combine them. But then again, I'd rather buy that also!

Does anyone else want a case to carry more than 12 Lucky 13's? Is it bad luck to own 13 Lucky 13's? (sorry!)

Bob

triona

Re: Natural Minor Lucky 13's and New Case?

Post by triona » Fri May 11, 2018 8:04 am

bmarsolais wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:02 am
Is it bad luck to own 13 Lucky 13's? (sorry!)

Bob
I don't think so. And as it looks, it certainly will not remain like this. ;)

To make them in minor keys as well could not be that difficult for the manufacturer's logistics. And above all, you might as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb. Why not all 12 minor keys, harmonic and natural? For a beginning it could be tested with the most common ones for a try, if there is sufficient need.

dear greetings
triona
Aw, Thou beloved, do hearken to the Banshee's lonely croon!
sinn féin - ça ira !
Cad é sin do'n té sin nach mbaineann sin dó

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1yI3H ... 9ktgzTR2qg