“Cumin Bob CoG” tuning for 10-hole harp

Anything apart from the two mainstream default harmonicas (Solo-tuned fully-valved chromatic, and un-valved Richter 10-hole diatonic). Alternate tunings, different construction, new functionality, interesting old designs, wishful-thinking... whatever!
IaNerd

“Cumin Bob CoG” tuning for 10-hole harp

Post by IaNerd » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:20 pm

NAME: “Cumin Bob CoG” tuning for 10-hole harp

BASIC CONCEPT:
The original "Cumin Bob" tuning was designed especially for single-note and octave-split play. This is basically the same thing, except that a Gmaj I chord a Cmaj IV chord occupy the last three chambers.

In most of my previous "blues" tunings, I set the important chords on the left and any single-note areas on the right. This tuning is a reverse of that pattern.

WHEN/HOW: Februaryof 2018. I ordered one just now. Seydel's configurator allowed me to start at F2!

LAYOUT/DETAILS:

Attachments
2018-02-10 (11).png
2018-02-10 (11).png (41.94 KiB) Viewed 5469 times

IaNerd

Re: “Cumin Bob CoG” tuning for 10-hole harp

Post by IaNerd » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:22 pm

I've got one of these in hand now and have played it a very short while. My initial impression is that I perhaps should have carried the pattern of chambers 1-7 all the way to chamber 10. In other words, Cumin Bob sans CoG.

I'm starting to think that my own go-to setup for blues/pop/rock would be two ten-holers: one with straight "Cumin Bob" tuning for single notes and octaves, and another with a "neck rack" tuning sporting wide chordal areas including (at least) the I--IV--V chords and their b7ths.