Cleaning a TurboSlide harp?

Anything apart from the two mainstream default harmonicas (Solo-tuned fully-valved chromatic, and un-valved Richter 10-hole diatonic). Alternate tunings, different construction, new functionality, interesting old designs, wishful-thinking... whatever!
EdvinW

Cleaning a TurboSlide harp?

Post by EdvinW » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:10 pm

I think the turboslide qualifies as an interesting alternative harmonica idea, but I have seen very little written about them save for the mere observation that they exist and Brendan's noting that they give deeper draw bends. I am awaiting a turboslide harmonica which should arrive any day now, but I am a little worried about how to keep it clean.

What are your experiences with keeping a harp equipped with a turboslide clean? I have been warned against taking it apart too much, as it is supposedly very hard to reassemble. Is this true, in your experience? How do I clean a harp without taking it apart? I have ordered it with a Blue Moon brass comb, does this matter?

(The harp uses a special tuning, and I intend to make a post about it as soon as I have tried and explored it properly!)
Edvin Wedin